The criminal justice system is confusing and complex. Book knowledge alone won't help you win your case. It's not enough for your attorney to understand the nuances of the law and procedural rules. There is simply no substitute for the experience that comes from years of defending clients in the local courts.
The Advantages Of Well-Rounded Experience
At Shaffer & Engle Law Offices, LLC, we have that experience. Our Harrisburg lawyers have represented thousands of accused clients in the state and federal courts of central Pennsylvania. We know these courts inside and out.
Our legal team also includes a former prosecutor. The firm's managing partner, Jeffrey B. Engle, previously served as a deputy district attorney for Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. He gained a wide breadth of experience prosecuting criminal cases at trial and on appeal. As a result of this background:
- He understands how prosecutors approach criminal cases.
- He knows what tactics the other side may use to persuade the judge and jury.
- He can effectively anticipate — and counter — those tactics.
- If you decide to pursue plea negotiation, he understands effective negotiating strategies.
- He can advise you on the realistic options for resolving your case without trial.
- He can also stand up against the prosecution at trial.
Ultimately, you are the one who benefits from Mr. Engle's well-rounded experience on the other side of the courtroom.
We have appeared in court day in and day out for decades.
What's more, our lawyers are no strangers to high-stakes, high-profile cases.
Enlist Our Help To Safeguard Your Rights
Let us put this experience to work for you. Call 717-827-4074 for a free initial consultation to learn more about why you should hire a former prosecutor and discuss the details of your case. Our office is conveniently located in Harrisburg, and we work with clients across central Pennsylvania.