Harrisburg Criminal Defense Attorneys Video

http://www.shafferengle.com 866-765-0706 Shaffer & Engle in Millersburg and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, handles all types of criminal cases. They do everything from misdemeanors to felonies.

One of the most frequently asked questions by former clients about their past criminal records is "how can I get my record expunged?" Unfortunately, by statute, the answer is usually, "well...you can't." In Pennsylvania, expungements are governed by Title 18 Pa.C.S.A. Section 9122 and generally are only permitted when (1) one reaches the age of 70 and have been free from arrest or prosecution for ten years from final release from confinement or supervision or (2) one has been dead for three years. Both of these scenarios help very few people that are actively seeking to restore their lives by gaining good employment, applying for jobs, or would like to have a clear conscience.

However, there is an alternative. In Pennsylvania, one may apply for a Governor's pardon by filing an application with the Pennsylvania Board of Pardons. The Board will review the application and make a determination as to whether a hearing will be granted on the petition. Thereafter, a hearing is held where the individual's case is reviewed. After hearing, the Board will vote whether or not to recommend your case for a pardon to the Governor. Once signed by the Governor, the pardon acts to "void" any past record. Counsel should be employed to help one apply for the pardon, petition the Board and represent the individual before the Board. At Shaffer & Engle, we have successfully handled this procedure for many of our clients.

Contact attorney Elisabeth K.H. Pasqualini online or by calling 866-765-0706 for help expunging a criminal record.

Learn more about criminal charges in Pennsylvania by visiting our Criminal Law Blog.