Second and Third Offense DUI Charges in Pennsylvania
65 Years of Criminal and Repeat DUI Defense Experience in Harrisburg and Millersburg
Second and third offense DUI/DWI charges in Pennsylvania are serious offenses, and penalties are among the highest in the nation. Depending on your blood alcohol content (BAC) levels, penalties in Pennsylvania, established in 2004, can include:
- 90 days in jail
- 12 to 18 months loss of driving privileges
A repeat DUI offense resulting in death or serious bodily injury is usually considered a felony, and can result in:
- A three-year mandatory jail sentence
- A maximum jail sentence of 20 years
- A fine of $25,000
If you have been charged with a repeat DUI offense in Pennsylvania, we can provide experienced and effective legal help. At the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, law firm of Shaffer & Engle Law Offices, LLC, our attorney team includes:
- A former DUI assistant prosecutor who knows how local district attorneys handle DUI charges
- A former assistant public defender who has handled over 1,000 DUI claims, both as a court-appointed defender and in private practice
- Attorneys who have taught DUI and criminal procedure law to local police officers and to students at Harrisburg Area Community College
We are highly experienced at questioning police processes and tactics, including mandatory breathalyzer procedures and search and seizure law violations. Our experience and record includes hundreds of instances of reduced or dismissed charges, and clean records through the Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) program. For more information regarding Shaffer & Engle Law Offices, LLC, our attorney team and your rights, contact our firm for a no-charge discussion of your case.
If you have been charged with repeat drunk driving or face a repeat conviction, contact the experienced criminal defense law firm of Shaffer & Engle Law Office, LLC. We provide free initial consultations, are available for evening and weekend appointments and operate two offices for your convenience. To contact a lawyer, call 717-827-4074 or 800-491-9506.