Fight Back Against Claims Of Domestic Violence

Baseless or inflated accusations of spousal abuse are emotionally hurtful by themselves, and can bring additional hurt when legal proceedings result in your loss of the right to enter your home or visit your children. At the Harrisburg law firm of Shaffer & Engle Law Offices, LLC we can help you fight for your rights in abuse and family violence disputes.

We can represent you in your "Hearing to Contest Protection," in which you have the right to present evidence countering abuse allegations put forth by your spouse, former spouse, partner, former partner, parent of your child or other party.

It is essential to contest unfair allegations. Why? A "finding of abuse" can result in:

  • Loss of custody rights
  • Loss of your right to bear arms
  • Division of joint property
  • Loss of your right to visit your children

We are fully experienced and knowledgeable regarding the admissibility of evidence, the burden and standard of proof and sufficiency in regard to advocating for your rights in your Hearing to Contest Protection. Our attorney team has helped numerous clients successfully overturn restraining orders/orders of protection and retain key property and child-related rights.

Abuse Charges And Custody

If you face pending divorce proceedings, a finding of abuse can greatly decrease your ability to effectively pursue fair custody and visitation rights. We can obtain medical records and police records, interview witnesses and fully investigate your case to strengthen your hand at your hearing. For experienced legal help regarding Hearings to Contest Protection, restraining orders/orders of protection, abuse and family violence, contact our firm for a no-charge discussion.

Contact Us

If you have questions regarding domestic abuse law or restraining orders, contact the Harrisburg law firm of Shaffer & Engle Law Offices, LLC. We accept credit cards, are available for evening and weekend appointments and operate two offices for your convenience. To contact a lawyer, call 717-827-4074.